The legend of the video game industry was born back in 1985. What if Shigeru Miyamoto and his team designed Super Mario Bros as a metroidvania type of game? Well... Let's try to imagine in this little tribute to the good old days.
1985 is a metroidvania made for the Lowrez Jam 2016.
Features of the game:
- classic exploration gameplay;
- full gamepad support;
- stylish pixel art graphics;
- catchy soundtrack;
- friendly fire (enemies can kill each other);
- boss fight and epic final.
Left/Right Arrow - Move
Up Arrow/Z or Space - Jump
X or Ctrl - Shoot
A and D - Move
W or Space - Jump
J or Ctrl - Shoot
D-pad left/D-pad right - Move
A - Jump
B - Shoot
TIPS & HINTS
- there are 99 coins hidden all over the world no more, no less;
- hearts upgrade your maximum health;
- triangles upgrade your shooting ability;
- try using minimap from the pause menu if you get stuck.
1.3 - 10/07/19
- added fullscreen mode for browser version;
- reworked main menu;
- updated web audio compatibility;
- few level design tweaks and minor bug fixes.
1.2.1 - 22/02/17
- increased shooting range for gunner enemies;
- adjusted positioning in the final cutscene.
1.2 - 29/06/16
- few interface changes;
- added fullscreen option (desktop version only);
- minor tweaks and fixes.
1.1 - 11/05/16
- increased game resolution from 64x64 to 170x96;
- added minimap;
- adjusted jump strength of tall character;
- few small bug fixes.
1.0 - 17/04/16